The Clearblue Pregnancy Test with Weeks Indicator is the first and only test that is as accurate as an ultrasound scan at dating pregnancy2. Its Smart Dual Sensor ™ not only tells you in words if you're 'Pregnant' or 'Not Pregnant', also tells you how far along you are.
So accurate... tells you how many weeks
It's like 2 tests in 1 - it first detects if the pregnancy hormone is present with over 99% accuracy from the day of your expected period, and if you are pregnant, it ALSO indicates how many weeks since conception occurred 1-2, 2-3 or more than 3 weeks (3+). The Weeks Indicator is 93% accurate in detecting when you conceived.
Can test 5 days early
So sensitive you can test up to 5 days before your missed period3.
Unmistakably clear digital results
Within 3 minutes your 'Pregnant' or 'Not Pregnant' result in words will appear on the screen. If the result is 'Pregnant' the test will also indicate time since conception occurred ( 1-2, 2-3 or 3+ weeks).
More product views
What do other people think ?
"I’m very happy with the product – wouldn’t choose any other test on the market. I love the weeks indicator on the test. It was the most exciting feeling when I saw 3+ weeks!"
"I have been buying Clearblue for years and I absolutely love their products. I wouldn’t use any other brand. Also their customer care support is excellent, they have very friendly and helpful staff if you need any help."
How to use Clearblue Pregnancy Test with Weeks Indicator
1. Before you begin
Please always read the instruction leaflet carefully before doing a Clearblue Pregnancy Test with Weeks Indicator.
If you're testing from the day of your expected period, you can test at any time of the day to find out if you're pregnant. If you're testing early, and for an accurate Weeks Indicator result, you must use the first urine of the day. Avoid drinking too much liquid before your do the digital pregnancy test.
When ready to test, remove the test stick from the foil wrapper and take off the blue cap. Use the test straightaway.
2. Doing the test
Simply place just the absorbent tip pointing downwards in your urine stream for 5 seconds only. Take care not to get the rest of the digital pregnancy test stick wet.
Or you can instead collect a sample of your urine in a clean, dry container. Place the absorbent tip pointing downwards in the urine for 20 seconds only.
- You may wish to replace the cap and lay the digital pregnancy test stick flat.
- Keep the tip pointing downwards or lay the digital pregnancy test stick flat while you wait for the result.
Throughout testing never hold the test stick with the absorbent tip pointing upwards.
3. Wait for 3 minutes
After doing the Clearblue Pregnancy Test with Weeks Indicator an hour glass 'wait' symbol will flash to show that the test is working. When the wait symbol stops flashing your result will appear.
4. Read your results
- Within 3 minutes, your final result will be displayed
- It is possible for a 'Pregnant' result to appear before the Weeks Indicator result. Continue to wait until the hour glass stops flashing to see your Weeks Indicator result.
- Your result will remain on the display for approximately 24 hours.
|How to interpret the results|
|Results||Time since conception||How your doctor will date your pregnancy (based on a 28 day cycle)|
|Your result is Not Pregnant||-|
|Your result is Pregnant
and you conceived approximately 1-2 weeks ago.
|Your result is Pregnant
and you conceived approximately 2-3 weeks ago.
|Your result is Pregnant
and you conceived more than 3 weeks ago.
How accurate is the Clearblue Pregnancy Test with Weeks Indicator in detecting pregnancy?
It is more than 99% accurate in detecting whether or not you are pregnant, when used from the day of your expected period. If you test before your expected period and get a ‘Not Pregnant’ result, there is still a chance you may be pregnant. See below.
When can I test using the Clearblue Pregnancy Test with Weeks Indicator?
The pregnancy hormone increases rapidly in early pregnancy and Clearblue Pregnancy Test with Weeks Indicator can be used to test up to 5 days before your missed period (which is 4 days before your expected period). In lab testing with early pregnancy samples Clearblue Pregnancy Test with Weeks Indicator gave the following results:
Number of days before the expected period
% of samples from pregnant
women giving a 'Pregnant' result
To work out when your period is due, calculate your usual cycle length by counting the number of days from the first day of your period until the day before your next period starts.
- If you have irregular cycles, you should allow for your longest cycle in recent months before testing.
- If you have no idea when your period is due we recommend testing not less than 19 days after the last time you had unprotected sex.
How accurate is the Clearblue Weeks Indicator?
The Weeks Indicator is 93% accurate in telling when you conceived when compared to time since ovulation. A published study comparing dating by Weeks Indicator with ultrasound (11-13 weeks) standard of care found that results agreed 97% of the time*.
*Johnson et al. CMRO (2011) 27(2):393-401
The Clearblue Pregnancy Test with Weeks Indicator says I’m pregnant, but I don’t think I conceived when the Weeks Indicator says I did. Is this possible?
The Weeks Indicator is 93% accurate when you test with your first urine of the day. Some medication or medical conditions may affect the result. See following question.
Can any medication or medical conditions affect the result?
Always read manufacturer's instructions for any medication you are taking before doing a test.
- Fertility drugs containing hCG can give misleading results (these fertility drugs are usually given by injection, and testing too soon after administration may give a false 'Pregnant' result).
- Other fertility therapies (such as clomiphene citrate), painkillers and hormonal contraceptives (e.g. contraceptive pill) should not affect the result.
- If you have recently stopped using hormonal contraception or are using fertility therapies like clomiphene citrate, your periods may be irregular, leading you to test too soon.
- Ectopic pregnancy, ovarian cysts, menopause and some very rare medical conditions can give misleading results.
If you do get unexpected results you should discuss them with your doctor.
I previously tested ‘Pregnant’ but have tested again and got a ‘Not Pregnant’ result, or my period has started. What does this mean?
Whilst the test is over 99% accurate at detecting the pregnancy hormone from the day of the expected period, it’s possible to get a pregnant result and find out later that you’re not pregnant (i.e. you may later get a not pregnant result, or your period may start). This may be due to natural loss during the early stages of pregnancy, known as ‘early pregnancy loss’, which sadly is not uncommon, as around 1 in 4 pregnancies end in early pregnancy loss. If you do get unexpected results, ask your doctor for advice.
My Clearblue Pregnancy Test with Weeks Indicator says I’m not pregnant. What should I do?
You may not be pregnant, or the level of pregnancy hormone may not yet be high enough to be detected, or you may have miscalculated the day of your expected period.
- If you tested early, test again when your period is due.
- If your period is overdue, test again in 3 days time. If this test gives you a 'Not Pregnant' result and you still have not had your period, see your doctor.
My Clearblue Pregnancy Test with Weeks Indicator says I’m pregnant. What should I do?
If your test says you are pregnant you should see your doctor who can advise you on what steps you should take next.
When can I take a pregnancy test?
If you think you might be pregnant, you want to know right away. But it’s important to understand what’s happening in your body so you know how soon you can test.
- Weeks since conception shown as 1-2, 2-3 or 3+ on screen
- Weeks' result 97% in agreement with later ultrasound dating scan. Based on studies of 187 women comparing results (1-2, 2-3, 3+ weeks since conception) to ultrasound dating.
- Can be used 5 days before your missed period (which is 4 days before your expected period). In lab testing, 98% of pregnant results were detected the day before the expected period, 97% were detected 2 days before, 90% 3 days before and 65% 4 days before the expected period.